Your browser does not support JavaScript!
International MBA, College of Technology Management

Q1: What kind of English proficiency test do you prefer?

TOEFL (iBT or CBT) is preferable and the minimum score should be:

(i) 79 for internet-based version (iBT)

(ii) 550 for TOEFL ITP

(iii) 550 for paper-based version of TOEFL

(iv) 213 for computer-based (CBT) version of TOEFL

IMBA applicants should meet the English proficiency requirement of TOEFL: PBT 550/ CBT 213 / iBT 79 (or the same level of other English tests).

You can refer to the English proficiency chart.

Q2: I’m applying TaiwanICDF scholarship, and it’s difficult for me to provide Financial Certificate, what should I do?

All applicants are required to provide financial proof that shows financial sustainability (Minimum TWD 120,000) for study in Taiwan. If you cannot provide the documents to prove your financial sustainability, please attach TaiwanICDF scholarship application form as proof.

Q3: Where should I authenticate my documents (i.e. school’s transcripts and degree diploma)?

Please go to ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative in your country or the nearest ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office.

Q4: Can I use my own recommendation letters instead of using the format which is provided in online application system?

There’s no fixed format. Please key in your 2 referees’ e-mail in the Academic Reference section on the application form. Once your online application is submitted, the system will automatically send a notice with the link of online recommendation to your referees. Applicants can confirm if your referees have completed the online recommendation by logging in the application system.

Q5: Do the recommendation letters need to be only professor? If not, could I apply the letters from manager/employer who could describe well on how successful I am from my work experience instead?

The preferable referees are faculty members who can evaluate your academic qualifications, work excellence, and research potential. To be clear, it is not necessary to be a professor as the referee instead of your employers or supervisors.

Q5: When I apply to the TaiwanICDF scholarship, do I still need to apply to the school where I want to study?

Yes. Applicants MUST apply for school admission and the TaiwanICDF scholarship at the same time.

Q6: Is there any fixed format for study plan?

There’s no fixed format. Applicants can briefly introduce their background and connect it to their motivation, short-term study goal, and finally long-term career plan. It’s also important to let us know how the program provided in NTHU would help you achieve your career development.

The maximum page of study plan for apply our program, IMBA in Technology Management program (with TaiwanICDF scholarship) is ONE page, but for apply IMBA, the maximum page is three.

Q7: I have looked on the website and found that a work experience certificate is preferable. Can I also apply for the ICDF scholarship without any work experience?

Individuals holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university who have at least two years of work experiences are preferable for application. However, work experiences are preferable for our program but not required.

Q8: Is there any fixed format for the requirements?

There’s no fixed format. Please refer the IMBA-TaiwanICDF Application brochure to find more information in details.

Q9: Can I apply for two TaiwanICDF programs simultaneously?

No, one applicant can only apply for ONE TaiwanICDF program once a year, but it is fine to apply for more than one NTHU programs/departments at the same time.

Q10: In my country, there is no GPA Score, so what should I fill in the GPA score column or just leave it empty?

Please refer to the attached file, NTHU GPA and Grade Comparison Chart.

Q11: My referees did submit recommend letters online but the status still shows “Not Uploaded” ?

First of all, please confirm with the referees that they did submit the files to NTHU Online Application System. If there is still any system technical problems, please contact with Miss Chan (, the staff of NTHU Online Application System, and describe your problems and provide your application number to her.

Q12: Where can I find the declaration form?

All the applicants can find and download the declaration form once they had log in NTHU Online Application System.


Voice Play